The Academy giving plan is called Vision Giving to support needs that fall outside of operating expenses covered by tuition income. This philosophy allows supporters to see the overall plan for Academy growth and development over time, and will allow donors to support things they feel passionately about over a long period of time.
Under the umbrella of Vision Giving, the administration casts the vision for the future of The Academy, and communicates that vision to families each year. This allows the administration to make plans in line with annual giving pledges and to accommodate growth in a more efficient way. Donors are able to pledge gifts for a specific time to carry out the vision. Each donor can to pledge all or part of their support to one or more of the following areas:
- Facility development – This will fund specific buildings or facility projects to include buildings, parking, signage, etc. Specific projects will be outlined by the administration each year in a phased approach.
- Tuition Assistance – This funds tuition assistance to enable more families to attend The Academy and will broaden our socio-economic diversity.
- Athletics – This funds athletics and athletic-related facility projects.
- Fine Arts – This funds a much broader range of fine arts offerings than we are currently able to provide.
- Special Projects – This funds smaller, short-term projects and needs that do not fall under any of the other areas.
- General Undesignated – This funds special needs applied as the administration sees fit.
Each year the administration will announce and communicate specific projects and needs that fall within each area and cast the vision of how giving will allow that vision to become reality. Every parent will have the opportunity to give according to their own ability and to designate their giving to any area they are passionate about. The combination of vision and passion coming together in this plan will result in a structured, predictable stream of income for special needs at The Academy.