Mission, Vision and Philosophy
The mission of Whitesburg Christian Academy is to assist Christian parents by providing students an academically excellent and Christ-centered education for life-long service to Christ.
Our vision is that it would be said of the Academy that the students are passionate followers of Christ and well-trained servant leaders.
All curriculum and programs at the Academy are planned with the graduating student in mind. The following outcomes are the Academy's chief purpose:Followers of Christ
1. God’s Word: II Timothy 3:16-17 "All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work."
2. Wisdom: Psalm 111:10 "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom; all who follow His precepts have good understanding. To Him belongs eternal praise."
3. Honor: Romans 13:1 "Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God."
4. Integrity: II Timothy 2:15 "Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a workman who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth."
5. Service: Philippians 2:3-5 "Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves. Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others. Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus." Matthew 19:30 "...greatest will be the least."
6. Truth: John 17:17 "Sanctify them by the truth; your Word is truth."
7. Love: Matthew 22:37-40 "Jesus replied, 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself'. All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments."
8. Excellence: Colossians 3:23-24 "Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving."
Statement of Faith
We believe the Bible to be the only inspired, inerrant, infallible, and authoritative Word of God.
We believe there is one God, eternally existing in three persons: the Father, the Son Jesus, and the Holy Spirit. He is an intelligent, spiritual and personal Being, the Creator, Redeemer, Preserver, and Ruler of the universe.
We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, in His personal return in power and glory.
We believe that salvation is the gift of God through faith in Jesus Christ by grace bestowed on those who call upon His name. Salvation is neither deserved nor earned but freely given to anyone who will turn from one's sin and call upon Jesus Christ to be his or her Savior.
We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by indwelling every born-again believer, enabling him or her to live a Godly life.
We believe it is the responsibility of every Christian to share the good news of Jesus Christ to unbelievers through the power of the Holy Spirit.