Frequently Asked Questions
How old does a child have to be to begin TK? What about Kindergarten?
TK: 4 years old by September 1st
Kindergarten: 5 years old by September 1st
How can I prepare my child for acceptance at the Academy?
- Beginning TK Expectations:
- able to independently go to the bathroom and wash hands
- zip and unzip a lunch box, follow simple two-step instructions
- show familiarity with letters and numbers
- listen to a teacher read a story with attentiveness, identify basic shapes and colors
- demonstrate fine motor skills such as coloring, cutting, pasting, etc.
- Beginning K Expectations:
- mastery of TK expectations
- recognize upper and lower case letters of the alphabet (sounds preferred but not required)
- recognize and write numbers 1-10, write name using a capital first letter followed by lowercase (Anna, Benjamin)
- cut/color/paste with relative ease
- transition in the classroom setting with relative ease
- treat others respectfully
If we already have children attending the Academy, does that mean our younger children will automatically be accepted when they apply?
Do you have scholarships or financial aid?
Our friend shadowed when we did, and they have received an acceptance letter, but we haven’t…
Does the application process need to be completed before we can receive an acceptance letter?
What are your class sizes?
- TK: 10 students
- K: 16 students
- 1st-2nd: 18 students
- 3rd-4th: 20 students
- 5th-6th: 22 students
- 7th-12th: 25 students
When do you expect your new grammar school building to be complete? Will you still use the modular buildings?
Do you have a school nurse?
Do you offer AP courses in high school?
When does school start?
Are students required to wear uniforms?
Is lunch included in tuition?
Do you follow the city schools calendar?
Do you follow the city schools for school closings on weather days?
Do you have to be a Christian to attend Whitesburg Christian Academy?